Monday, March 8, 2010

Day Eight: Ankor Watt

The ancient temples if Angkor Wat bring history to life. It's breath taking and full of wonder. These ancient temples were built to show the power of yesteryears Khmer kingdom. The defeaters of Siam (present day Thailand).
The people of Cambodia are friendlier than the Thai's. I hate to make such generalizations but for a people living in poverty they are happy people.
My experience in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat has been breathtaking.
The children merchants are persistent so be friendly and show some love and you'll have a wonderful time getting to know the future of Cambodia. At one point I said "I dint want to buy that dear, I just want to eat my lunch". While sitting at a open market near one of the temples. They wanted me to spend a dollar on a gift for my girlfriend. "Why aren't you all in school?" in unison thy respond, "Its Sunday"!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

No comments: