Wednesday, March 11, 2009

North Korean Scare Tactics

About this time of year, every year, the North Korean Government initiates threats to the world and South Korea concerning their stance on war. They reiterate their military preparedness for war.

This time of year, every year for the past several years the R.O.K. [Republic of Korea/South Korea] Armed Forces and the U.S. Armed Forces come together for a joint operation. The purpose of the joint operation is the prepare for a possible war scenario and or to stay prepared for such an incident.

My friends back home have been leaving some interesting comments on my Facebook social network concerning possible war. Just today, my friend from Washington State wondered why I love South Korea in response to my status update [Loves Korea]. Here in Seoul, a hour away from the DMZ [demilitarized zone] life moves on as if the threat did not exist. Seoul, has lived with the threat of the North and the Pyong-yang government for half a century.

For all you lovely readers who may wonder about the peninsula of Korea. Be rest assured, until there are bullets flying in the streets of Seoul, only threats from a desperate and isolated government.

2 comments:

C Woods said...

I have a Jewish friend who makes frequent trips to Israel. Although there are frequent suicide bombs going off around the country, he says he has never seen one or been near one, so he keeps his eyes open, but goes about his business as usual. You can't live your life in constant fear ---and if/when it becomes constant ---as the threats from N Korea ---you tend to ignore it ---or shove it somewhere in your mind so you can live without being afraid all of the time. Just think of a time when you were in great stress and near panic ---everyone has had a few moments or a few days like that ---how long could you survive in that state? You can't, so you ignore or repress it to stay sane.

me said...

Hey! Sorry I have been away for awhile. I was on a trip out of state...somewhere I plan to move in the near future.

I hope you are doing well. Thinking of you and wishing you many blessings!

*hugs*