Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope all are blessed with the passing of one year to the inception of the new. It's been extremely cold here in Korea. Much colder than I remember it being the past few years. It's official... I hate winter. Other than that, I'm braving the cold to walk to work every weekday.
I've also taken up a new hobby of mountain hiking. I heard through word of mouth that Korea is 90% mountains. It explains why there are so many people wearing hiking gear on the subway, most likely heading to their destination/hike. I've climbed two mountains since making this my new hobby and I love it.
In the past, I've tried to join a gym to lose weight and get myself into shape. The bad thing about joining a gym is that it's hard to stay motivated. I find myself unmotivated to go to the gym. I also can't wait to get out of there when I am there.
The thing about mountain climbing is that you can't stop midway. No matter how tired I feel or anybody feels there's still always a journey back down. I've made it to both peaks of both mountains I've climbed.
1. DoBong Mountain
2. BukHan Mountain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's really cool Luis! Good for you my friend, I've always thought mountain climbing was really cool, only seen it on t.v. of course.
I hate winter too my friend, it has been so freakin cold here this year. On the news they said we hadn't seen this cold a winter in nearly 20 years. And even Miami Fl. got down to like 42 degrees! No oranges this year!
take care friend,
Julian